Previously we use some kind of situational tutorial which force open a tutorial whenever new elements introduced to player. And it seems to interrupt player’s flow. So we came up with a short tutorial campaign which require players to play through first before they have access to main menu. Of course they can still skip the tutorial and access it later in the main menu.
We are using place holder avatars of character from another game so we can’t post a screenshot here, but it use a dialog system which have a text box in the middle and 2 characters in 2 sides. You get the idea.
The leveling for robot ingame has changed. Your robot will now level up much faster so they could use all of their skill to provide richer experiences.
We also add miss chance for robot whom attack an enemy stand higher so the terrain advantage is bigger. Get to the hill!
Blue Arrow and Wingenal is remodeled.
Chip GUI remake is halfway done
Here is the progress in number:
- Single match core mechanism: 100% (99% from the last update)
- Map Design: 100%
- Chip system:
- Core: 80% (need some more interesting mechanic
- GUI: 50% (0% from the last update)
- Craft system:
- Core: 100%
- GUI: 90% (Will need better art)
- Multiplay: 50% (Barely playable, hard to maintenance with many update in Single play)
- Campaign: 20% (10% from last update, we have set up the foundation for Random events in campaign)
- Effects for single play: 90% (It may stay that way for a long time)
- Animations for single play: 90% (It may stay that way for a long time)
- Tutorial: 100% (Remake)
Total Progress: 70%
- Chip system GUI Finish
- Worlmap Remodelling
Our topic in Tigsource will be updated more often than the page.
We will only post Big Update in our website so whichever float your boat
In the year 2014 we ran out of money and our indiegogo campaign failed miserably so we have to take our full time job seriously (to avoid starving).
But we quit our full time job once again to did this and get pretty far if you ask me.
Here are thing that we did for last few months:
– We added height for our battle, now melee unit can’t attack unit stand on the high enough square if it stand on low square. And Ranged unit will have increased miss chance for uphill battle also. But move to higher square will cost you more move points so its fair.
– We replace the battle ground graphic, just check out our latest screenshots and see how sweet it is
– All map events are finished with some placeholder graphic
– We now have map skill. In a campaign if enemy attack you, and you have upgraded your tech enough, you could use map skill, which does little at normal case but help tremendously if the timing is right. Like summon a mechanical yeti to throw snow ball at anyone trying to use skill, or a Sand Worm that attack a group of squares.
Each map will have 3 skills for 3 floor so 5×3 = 15, plenty to get used to :).
Here is the progress in number:
– Single match core mechanism: 99% (just need some quick adjustment)
– Map Design: 100% (40% from last update)
– Chip system:
+ Core: 80% (need some more interesting mechanic
+ GUI: 0% (95% from last update, we decided to remake the GUI)
– Craft system:
+ Core: 100%
+ GUI: 90% (Will need better art)
– Multiplay: 50% (Barely playable, hard to maintenance with many update in Single play)
– Campaign: 20% (10% from last update, we have set up the foundation for Random events in campaign)
– Effects for single play: 90% (It may stay that way for a long time)
– Animations for single play: 90% (It may stay that way for a long time)
Total Progress: 65%
- Short Tutorial Campaign
- Chip system